FaceApp’s viral challenge had attracted around 80 million users for both IOS and Android which uses artificial intelligence to digitally transform a face to make it smile, look younger, look older or change gender.
- Information gathered will be share to third-party advertisement partners to deliver targeted ads.
- It could collect data without user permissions
IOS and Android
- Uninstall or delete the app immediately
- Scan device with updated antivirus
- Best practice is to read the terms and condition before downloading any app so that users would know how their data or information would be treated
- Go to the upper left corner settings in FaceApp, then go to Support.
- Click on “Bug reporting and send logs.”
- Ask for the deletion of your information and ensure that the term “privacy” is included in the request.